Pages

8 October 2017

Church Service in Bangkok


If you happen to be staying in the shopping district of Pratunam in central Bangkok, and are looking to attend a church service conducted in English, may I suggest the Immanuel Baptist Church?

I came across this church while looking for a church to attend. I wanted one that was within walking distance from the hotel I was staying in, near the Baiyoke Tower, and I didn’t mind at all if the service is conducted in Thai, as I wanted to experience a Thai-language church service.

Using Google Maps to search for any church icon, I found the “Immanuel Church” icon, from which I got the website of the church.


There are two services on Sunday: The Early Service at 8am and the Main Service at 10.15am.

I attended the Early Service which was conducted entirely in Thai. The assistant pastor greeted us and told us that the Main Service has an English-language translation to cater to members of the African community. Pratunam district is like a giant wholesale market for clothes and fashion accessories, and therefore, attract many African businessmen and women to come here to buy in bulk and to resell in Africa.

Watch the recording I made of the Early Service worship session:

No comments:

Post a Comment